Friday Favourites: Fragrance, Day and Night



1. ChloĆ© Eau de Parfum. My daytime, everyday, all the time favourite fragrance. There are aspects of the scent that are part of a visceral scent memory of a trip to Belize. It smells like clean laundry, spring and sunshine to me. According to Fragrantica its top notes are Peony, Freesia and Lychee. Middle notes are Rose, Lily of the Valley and Magnolia. Virgin Cedar and Amber make up the base notes. What a pretty bouquet that would make. 




2. Belle d'Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. For evenings and date nights, this is my husband's favourite fragrance. It's an intense scent, sweet, smoky and sensual. It's a fall and winter scent for me, it reminds me of dimmed lights, flushed cheeks from cold, lace and elegance. Where Chloe is bright and clean, Belle d'Opium is dark and complex. Belle d'Opium's top notes Mandarin Orange, Gardenia, Jasmine, and Casablanca Lily meet its middle notes of Incense, Peach, Tobacco, Fruit and White Pepper with an undercurrent of Sandalwood, Patchouli and Amber base notes. It's an extremely complicated and nuanced blend.

No comments

Leave a Reply

What do you think?

My photo
Everyday I'm Hustlin